Early Intervention Program
Early Intervention Preschool Program
Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 offers two outstanding preschool locations for children residing in our district. Weikel Elementary School is the home of the Fort Carson-based preschool, and Conrad Early Learning Center serves families residing in the town of Fountain. Both locations place high value on partnering with families and have many different activities throughout the year for parents and children to participate in together. The district preschool provides high quality instruction to support each child’s development in social emotional skills, language, and early learning skills. Instruction targets the needs of 3-5-year-old children who meet the eligibility requirements for the Colorado Preschool Program and/or have identified needs addressed through an Individualized Education Program. The district also has a Child Find process that assists in the assessment and determination of the special needs of children (birth through five years of age) residing within Fountain-Fort Carson School District boundaries. For more information on the Child Find process, please visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/early/childfind To access the program, students must meet eligibility requirements as determined through the preschool intake process. Limited spaces are available for 3-year-old children. Students must reside within Fountain Fort Carson School District 8. Out of district students will be referred to their home district. If upon review of this information, it is determined that a child does not meet the requirements for the Preschool program, we recommend that you contact:
CPCD/Headstart: 719-635-1536 Visit the CPCD website.
Child Care Connections: 719-638-2070
Fort Carson's Child, Youth and School Services/CYS: 719-526-1101
District 8 Early Intervention Preschool classes:
- Tuesdays through Fridays
- 3 hours a day for morning or afternoon sessions.
Children who will be 3 or older by October 1, 2021:
- Born 10/2/16-10/1/18
- May meet CPP eligibility for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Please request the application packet on the link below and select "School Year 2021-2022" within the packet request
Children who will be 3 or older by October 1, 2022
- May meet CPP eligibility for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Born 10/2/17-10/1/19
- The application packet will be available after January 1, 2022
Children who are under the age of 3:
- Developmental concerns: The Resource Exchange 719-380-1100
- Headstart/CPCD 719-635-1536.
Children must reside within district boundaries due to limited spaces.
Application Packet Request Process:
- The packet request will offer different methods to receive the packet.
- Please allow 24 hours between request & pickup. You will NOT receive a call when the packet is ready.
- School offices are closed during school breaks. Packet requests will be fulfilled when staff returns to the buildings.
- The preschool application includes online and paper portions.
- A birth certificate and a proof of residence less than 30 days old are required
Please see below:
- Mail (only to addresses within FFC8 boundaries)
- Email (check your junk/clutter/spam folder)
- Picked up in FOUNTAIN at Conrad Early Learning Center
- Picked up on FORT CARSON at Weikel Elementary’ s Preschool Wing
Fountain Residents of Zip Code 80817 (within FFC8 boundaries):
Fort Carson Residents of Zip Code 80902 & Residents of Zip Code 80926:
Conrad Early Learning Center
10605 Jimmy Camp Rd.
Fountain, CO 80817
Conrad Preschool Administrator
Weikel Elementary Preschool Program
6565 Lindstrom Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80902
Weikel Early Intervention Specialist
Child Find Office