Phone: (719) 358-4320
Degrees and Certifications:
Associate in Early Childhood Development Bachelor of Arts in Communication Master of Science in Teaching
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year here at Weikel Elementary. I am honored to be your student’s kindergarten teacher. This will be a very busy year and I want to keep you informed every step of the way. Below is a list of important information you may need as we journey through the year. Please feel free to ask me any questions at school, through email or written notes in your child’s folder. Here’s to a happy and healthy kindergarten year!
Information to start our year together:
- My email is firstname.lastname@example.org, this is the best way to get in contact with me. I will check my email Monday through Friday between the hours of 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm. I try not to check my email during the day so I can give the students my undivided attention. I will answer your email within 24 hours. If you have an emergency message or a change in your student’s transportation routine, please call the school office at 719-358-4320.
- Homework will be sent home daily. Your student is to complete the middle box of the tic-tac-toe board and at least one more box per day. There will also be math worksheets to complete. I will post a copy of the board on my website. Special homework assignments will be posted on the left-hand side of my school website.
- Newsletters, important dates, and other announcements will be updated weekly on my website page ffc8.org/Page/2136. Please check the page weekly and feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I am trying to be more “green”, but a paper copy is always available upon request.
- Please pack a healthy snack for your child to enjoy in the afternoon. If possible, please avoid sugary snacks.
- Birthdays are very special to our little ones and I love celebrating in the classroom. Please make sure the treats are small in size and store bought. Birthday celebrations will be around 1:45 in the afternoon. Please email me prior to the special day, so we are ready to party!
- I will keep you updated on your student’s behavior through email, notes home, and hopefully face to face. You will receive a daily behavior sheet marked by your student. This will help them take ownership of their behavior.
- Please practice self-help skills at home like buttoning buttons, zipping zippers and tying shoes. These are important skills for kindergarteners and it will be a real time saver for recess if they are more independent.
- The weather in our area is always changing. Please ensure your student is properly dressed for the weather conditions that day.
- I encourage students to remain hydrated throughout the day. Please feel free to send a water bottle with your student daily.
I really appreciate all of your support with your student this upcoming year. I hope this information will be helpful to you as we begin this wonderful adventure together. I look forward to meeting you and building relationships with you and your student.