Welcome to Communications
The Communications Department's purpose is to support School District administration, schools and the Board of Education in their communication with internal and external stakeholders. The goal is to build support for a positive educational environment for students, staff, parents and the community through relationships that foster a sense of trust, cohesiveness and understanding of Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8. The Communications Department supports the following objectives:
- Maintain an effective two-way communication system between the School District and its stakeholders;
- Distribute accurate, timely information about School District policies, programs, procedures, achievements, decisions and critical issues;
- Eliminate rumors and misinformation; and
- Promote and encourage feedback, suggestions and ideas from the community and staff members with programs and practices.
In 2019, Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 was awarded a Merit recognition in the category of Special Purpose Video for the recruitment video Join Our FFC8 Team!
In 2018, the Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 Communications Department was awarded:
- Excellence award in the category of Internet/Intranet for the Strategic Plan website.
- Excellence award in the category of Print Advertisements for the Gazette Education Guide Print Ad.
In 2017, Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 was awarded two recognitions by the Colorado School Public Relations Association for efforts in 2016:
- Merit award in the category of Special Purpose Publications for the Human Resources Brochure
- Excellence award in the category of Internet/Intranet for the new FFC8 Website
The district and communications team are proud of these accomplishments and will continue to strive to improve communications across our district so that all parents, community members and staff feel informed on our progress to meet our goals toward student achievement and growth!