Accessing State Assessment Results
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Your student’s Spring 2019 Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) Achievement and Growth reports are now available in the Infinite Campus – Parent Portal. You will also receive a copy of the reports during the October 2019 Parent/Teacher conferences. Please refer to the attached documents for instructions on how to access student reports online and how to interpret the reports.
- English Language Arts (ELA) and Math Performance Report
- Science Performance Report (Grades 5, 8 or 11, if applicable)
- Social Studies Performance Reports (Grades 4 and 7, if applicable)
- ELA and Math Achievement and Growth Report
Purpose and use of the tests:
CMAS tests were designed to measure students’ progress towards mastering the Colorado Academic Standards. They are the only tests that are common across all districts in Colorado. CMAS tests include grades 3 - 8 English Language Arts and Mathematics; grades 5, 8 and 11 Science; and grades 4 and 7 Social Studies. It should also be noted that CMAS tests are only one measure of a student's academic achievement and growth at one point in time. Your student’s teachers are eager to help bring test results to life in context with all measures of student learning including, but not limited to, projects and performances, common grade or subject level assessments, teacher created quizzes and tests, as well as other diagnostic tests administered throughout the school year.
Talking with students/teachers:
This is a wonderful opportunity to discuss progress, goals, and plans for the future with your student.
- What are your student’s relative areas of strength and growth opportunities?
- How can we capitalize on your student’s strengths?
- Does your student have a specific goal in mind for future performance and how might we partner to help your student exceed their own expectations?
- How will you and your student monitor their progress towards these goals?
- What additional information might be helpful?
Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 (FFC8) is excited about our partnership with you to help ensure your student’s success, and look forward to continuing conversations during both formal and informal parent/teacher/student conferences. Please feel free to reach out to your student’s teacher if you have any questions about tests results.
We are looking forward to an exciting and engaging 2019-2020 school year!
How to access Student Assessment Report in Infinite Campus - Parent Portal.
3. Select STUDENT and REPORT.
4. Press GENERATE REPORT to generate a PDF that can be saved or printed.