Certified Substitutes - Teachers
WELCOME TO GUEST SERVICES!
FFC8 Guest Teacher requirements: Along with the 3 or 5-year substitute authorization or Initial/Professional License, all applicants will be screened to insure they meet the District’s standards for guest teaching in our FFC8 Schools. FFC8 does not accept 1-year authorizations at this time.
Colorado issues three types of substitute authorizations: a 1-year authorization, a 3-year authorization, and a 5-year authorization. A substitute authorization allows you to work in a Colorado public school as a substitute teacher. The substitute authorizations are issued without grade level or subject endorsement area designations.
Issuance of a 5-year substitute authorization requires a valid out-of-state teaching license or an expired or valid Colorado teaching certificate or teaching license.
FFC8 values the support of guest teachers! The district has the highest day guest rate in the Pikes Peak region.
Guest Teacher Salary Information:
- $200 per day
- $225 per day - (Guest Teacher-Retired District 8 or 50 days PRIOR School Year)
- Demonstrates effective organizational, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates punctuality and good attendance.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures, including proper use of equipment.
- Reports all unsafe conditions/activities to supervisor, Human Resources or Risk Manager.
- Demonstrates aptitude and interest for the work to be performed.
- Follows appropriate district policies and procedures.
- Meets deadlines.
- Demonstrates confidentiality as related to job.
- Develops and maintains professional working relations with other district employee.
- Required to work Planning and PLC periods.
Terms of Employment:
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to create any contractual obligations on the part of the Guest Teacher or the school district. Guest Teachers have the right to terminate their associations with the school district, with or without reason, and the school district retains the same right.