Programs and services for families with young children
Vision: The Early Intervention Preschools in Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 provide a foundation of learning in a fun, warm, nurturing, safe, secure and inclusive environment where every child is valued as an individual. Through purposeful play, children will develop a love for learning in order to enhance self-expression, creativity, awareness of peers, and a desire to interact with and care for others. Our preschool team is committed to partnering with families and the community to build healthy relationships. Students will develop a positive perspective about themselves and others as they grow emotionally, socially, intellectually and physically as part of their first school experience.
FFC8 Preschool Classroom Hours:
- 3 hours a day (am or pm sessions available)
- Tuesday - Friday
Learn more about eligibility/qualifying factors on the
Children who will be 3 or older by October 1, 2022 meet CPP eligibility for the 2022-2023 school year.
Please request the application packet at the link below and select "School Year 2022-2023" within the packet request
Children who are under the age of 3:
If you have developmental concerns, please contact The Resources Exchange 719-380-1100
For additional programming options, please contact Headstart/CPCD 719-635-1536
To attend a district preschool, children must reside within district boundaries (due to limited availability).
What do we offer?
- No-Cost Preschool programs for qualifying children ages 3 to 5 (Colorado Preschool Program eligibility and/or Special Education eligibility)
- 2 Outstanding Preschool locations
- Conrad Early Learning Center in the town of Fountain
- Weikel Early Intervention on the Fort Carson Army post
- Highly-qualified licensed teachers who partner with families to offer the best services specific to each child
- Programs and learning environments that help our young children become emotionally strong, skilled and ready for kindergarten
- Parent education and support for families
- Evaluations through the Special Education Department
- Resources and community referrals
General information or questions:
Conrad Early Learning Center
10605 Jimmy Camp RD, Fountain, CO 80817
Phone: 719-304-3500 Fax: 719-382-1067
Stephanie Lee - Conrad Preschool Administrator
Weikel Elementary Early Intervention
6565 Lindstrom Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80902
Amanda Cordova- Weikel Early Intervention Specialist
Laurie Noblitt - Director of Elementary and Early Learning
10665 Jimmy Camp Rd, Fountain, CO 80817