Early Access Application Process
Children must live within Fountain-Fort Carson School District boundaries to be considered for Early Access. To initiate a request for Early Access application materials, please contact the Fountain-Fort Carson Administration Building. Application materials will be available beginning on Friday, January 3, 2020.
Parents or guardians complete the Early Access application and a portfolio of student work, including the following:
- Complete application form
- Copy of child's birth certificate
- Proof of residence within District 8 boundaries
- Letter from a parent or guardian stating the reasons why Early Access is appropriate for the child
- District 8 information release form
- Letter of recommendation for Early Access from a previous teacher or familiar adult outside of the family
- Previous assessment data from a public or private school, if applicable
- Student portfolio
The student portfolio should include artifacts that the child has completed within the last year demonstrating ability in the following areas:
- Knowledge of number sense
- Knowledge of beginning alphabet sounds
- Knowledge of shapes
- Knowledge of colors
- Examples of writing
- Evidence of reading ability
- Evidence of student interests
- Samples of student drawings/artwork
- Any other items deemed representative of the child's talents and abilities
Complete application packets may be submitted to the Fountain-Fort Carson Administration Building through Friday, March 13, 2020. The Early Access Team will review the application materials and student portfolio and will contact the parent or guardian to schedule an interview.
Applications will be mailed directly to parents or guardians.
Student Achievement Coordinator