Fountain-Fort Carson School District will provide training to students, staff and the community on the use of Safe2Tell. Safe2Tell is a way for individuals to anonymously report threats to individual safety, others' safety or school safety. Threats reported here can range from bullying, physical violence, unsafe conversations overheard, explicit threats, and more. All calls will be taken seriously and investigated.
Safe2Tell tips can be made through:
- Tipline at 1-877-542-SAFE
- Online at safe2tell.org/submit-tip
- Mobile app available in both Apple App Store and Google Play
Safe2Tell is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at the Colorado State Patrol communications center.
Procedures when a Safe2Tell tip is submitted:
- Safe2Tell tipline takes information and provides a code number to the caller.
- Safe2Tell documents the tip and forwards the information to the proper officials, including school district administration and law enforcement immediately.
- During school hours (7 a.m. – 4 p.m.), school administrators work with the School Resource Officer to verify the tip and provide oversight to concerns identified in the tip.
- During all off hours (4 p.m. – 7 a.m. week days and 24 hours a day on the weekend), an assigned district administrator responds to all tips and works with the Fountain Police Department to provide oversight to concerns identified in the tip.
- Every tip is investigated immediately and appropriate response is communicated.
- Once the investigation is completed, an administrator must complete the disposition information within the Safe2Tell system.
- The outcome of every tip is documented and reported back to Safe2Tell.
ALL Safe2Tell tips are taken seriously and school district administrators and local law enforcement collaborate to ensure students, staff and the community are safe.