7th Grade Standards:
- Students will understand that cells are the smallest unit of life that can function independently and perform all the necessary functions of life.
- Students will understand that photosynthesis and cellular respiration are important processes by which energy is acquired and utilized by organisms.
- Students will understand that organisms reproduce and transmit genetic information (genes) to offspring, which influences individuals' traits in the next generation.
- Students will understand that individual organisms with certain traits are more likely than others to survive and have offspring in a specific environment.
- Students will understand that changes in environmental conditions can affect the survival of individual, populations, and entire species.
- Students will understand that multiple lines of evidence show the evolution of organisms over geologic time.
- Students will understand that the human body is composed of atoms, molecules, cells, tissues, organs, and organ systems that have specific functions and interactions.
- Students will understand that organisms interact with each other and their environment in various ways that create a flow of energy and cycling of matter in an ecosystem.
Check out this LINK for full details and descriptions!